Chinese legal translator in Los Angeles Hua
University of Southern California Law School │LLM Sept 2011Ð May 2012
• Entertainment Law Certificate: Intellectual Property, Entertainment Law, Copyright, Legal Issues in Television, Topics in Entertainment law, Topics in American Law, Legal Writing
Tong-Ji University Law School, Shanghai, China │LLB Sept 2007 Ð June 2011
Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles, Law Clerk │Los Angeles, CA, USA Jan Ð May 2012
• Conducted high- volume client intake line and provided counsel and advice in the areas of immigration, employment, consumer, family, domestic violence under the supervising attorney.
• Translated written evidence (declaration), drafted court pleadings, prepared proofs for the clients, did legal research, legal writing for relevant legal issues.
Winking Law Firm, Paralegal │Shanghai, China Sept 2010 Ð March 2011
• Assisted with preparation, filling and prosecution on patent infringement case in chemical industry, did legal research in science industry, collected evidences, negotiated with related experts.
• Performed research on Patent and Trademark records, industry databases on SIPO, policed client’s trademark to guard against potential infringement and prepared status summary reports.
• Drafted Winking Law Newsletter in Chinese and English versions based on research and compilation information pertaining to international IP rights, procedural matters and case law. All Bright Law Offices, Paralegal │Shanghai, China March 2010 Ð April 2010
• Conducted research on labor contract rules to offer alternative resolution in a labor contract disputes, solved foreign civil cases by legal research and negotiating with Immigration Department
• Co-conducted Due Diligence report, gained skills in a variety of legal tasks – writing legal documents like petitions, memos, negotiating.
Wieden + Kennedy, Legal Assistant │Shanghai, China July 2010 – August 2010
• Negotiated with Converse and a signed brand on behalf of W+K to solve the copyright infringement dispute through understanding the entertainment background and copyright law. New Pacific Consulting, Intern │Shanghai, China Sept 2009- Nov 2009
• Succeeded executing phone interviews with customers in the Power, Iron, Steel and Cement industry to understand their utilization and purchasing behaviors of environmental equipment.
• Involved in the conference call on a market growth study projected of an environment protection equipment market to analyze activities of estimation on forecasting on the future trend. Personal
• President of Law School Student Union in Tongji University in 2010, Vice President of Tongji University Student Union in 2009, Legal Intern of Bureau of Shanghai World Expo Coordination in 2009, Administrative Assistant of Tongji University Foreign Affairs Office
• Awards: Outstanding Student Leader (1%), 1st Prize Scholarship for Social Activities Award in 2007 &09, 1st Prize in Shanghai Undergraduate Social Science Essay Forum, Ambassador in 2009.
• CBA (Chinese Basketball Association), CVA (Chinese Volleyball Association) Cheerleader.