Chinese Translator and Interpreter – Sam
Language: Certified in Mandarin Chinese
Chinese Patent Translator in Los Angeles (Court Certified Mandarin/English Interpreter #301138)
Court Certified Mandarin Interpreter Certificate
American Translators Association Associate Member Certificate
The Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court, British Virgin Islands
July and October, 2009
– Mandarin interpreter for the case Sino-Union (Caribbean) Holding Limited vs. Shangri-la International Development Holding Limited, Mossack Fonseca & Co (BVI) Limited, Rich Victory Investment Limited, the Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica
– Mandarin Interpreter for attorneys (barristers and solicitors), a former ambassador of a country to China, and others.
Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles
February 2009 to Present
Mandarin Certified Court Interpreter
– Interpreted for the criminal, traffic, and civil (including small claims) courts of the Los Angeles Superior Court located in Alhambra
United States District Court, Central District of California (Federal Courts, Los Angeles)
February 2009 to Present
Mandarin Court Interpreter
– Interpreted for the criminal courts of the US District Court in Los Angeles
University of California, Los Angeles, Extension Program
April 2008 — January 2010
Courses Taught: Simultaneous Interpretation II, Sight Translation, The Art of Translation
– Translation and interpretation classes in preparation for the California court interpreter certification exam.
LA Institute of Translation and Interpretation
Aug. 2004 – Present
Instructor, Mandarin Translator and Interpreter
– Taught interpretation classes including consecutive interpretation, simultaneous interpretation, sight translation in preparation for California Court Certified Interpreters Exam.
– Translated and interpreted from Mandarin to English and from English to Mandarin for different industries such as legal, entertainment, business, sports, etc.
Los Angeles Chinese Learning Center Aug. 2002 – Present
– Personally taught beginner, intermediate, and advanced Chinese language classes to individuals and corporations
– Initiated, managed and expanded Los Angeles Chinese Learning Center, a non-profit organization aimed at promoting cultural exchanges between the United States and China through Chinese language classes and other services.
– Provided consultation services to legal and entertainment firms regarding issues related to Chinese culture.
Los Angeles Immigration Court, Los Angeles, California, USA
Court Mandarin Interpreter
– Interpreted orally for immigration cases.
TRANSLATION AND INTERPRETATION WORKS AND ACTIVITIES
Entertainment Related Translation and Interpretation Experiences in Los Angeles:
Waiting In Beijing December 2008
Premiere in Los Angeles
– Interpretation for the Director and Producer Alan Zhang
Kung Fu Panda August 2008
DVD Post Production
– Translated and consulted for the contents of Kung Fu Panda’s DVD post production relating to Chinese zodiacs.
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor March 2008
– Translation verification and translation from English to Ancient Chinese for the scripts.
“The Alps” – IMAX – MacGillivray Freeman Films October 2007
Mandarin Chinese Voice Consultant
– Consulted for the Mandarin voice over of this adventure giant screen film
– Provided translation and interpretation services during the consultation process.
“The Closer” July 2007
– Played a co-star role in one of the episodes of the TNT show “The Closer”.
–Provided Chinese cultural consultations to one of the screenwriters, Mandarin language coaching to its actors and actresses, as well as casting assistance.
Herzog Cowen Entertainment and Chow, Yun-Fat November 2006
– Interpreted for Mr. Chow, Yun-Fat for a Mandarin interview.
– Provided Chinese translations of his Mandarin interview (for Quincy Jones) into English for subtitles
Disney Studios September 2006
Mandarin Dialog Trainer
– Trained an actor for a Mandarin sentence in “The Big Day” show.
Westside Casting Studios Feb. 2004
Television Advertisement Interpretation and Consulting
– Interpreted and trained casts of a Fidelity advertisement for a TV promotion targeting Chinese consumers.
– Consulted Chinese cultural issues related to the content and language of the advertisement
Simultaneous Interpretation Experiences (Last updated July 2010)
American Association of Museums Annual Meeting and Museum Expo May 2010
Amy Tan’s Speech at AAM May 2010
Provided simultaneous interpretation services to writer and author Amy Tan
Korean “Wonder Girls” World Web World Premier May 2010
Mandarin Simultaneous Interpreter
Sunkist PR Event February 2010
– Interpreted simultaneously for journalists form China for Sunkist’s PR Event
SEIU Conference November 2009
– Interpreted simultaneously for Service Employees International Union during their conference in Los Angeles
Milken’s Global Conference April 2009
– Interpreted simultaneously for some of the Chinese guests at this annual conference
Simultaneous Interpretation for a Rupert Murdoch Interview of Phoenix Television
Mar. 2004, Fox Studios
– Simultaneous interpretation for an interview between Rupert Murdoch of News Corporation and Changle Liu, CEO of Phoenix Television
Selected Business Related Translation and Interpretation Experiences in Los Angeles and Elsewhere
– Mandarin interpretation for BabyFirst Inc (December 2008)
– Mandarin interpretation for Chinese Delegation from Yangpu District, Shanghai (October 2008)
– Mandarin interpretation and Chinese translation for Chevron (May 2008)
See below for those performed in or before 2007
The Federal Reserve Bank, Los Angeles September 2006
– Interpreted for a group of executives from the People’s Bank of China
– Interpreted for the tour during their visits to the Federal Reserve Bank in Los Angeles
Immigration Court, Los Angeles October 2005 to 2007
Chinese Translator and Chinese Simultaneous Interpreter
– Provided Mandarin interpretation and Chinese written translation services for the Immigration Court in Los Angeles.
– Chinese simultaneous translation for defendants of the court.
Farmers’ Insurance Group May 2004 to 2007
– Interpreted for nurse case manager for Mandarin speaking patients in Los Angeles County Hospital, USC University Hospital, Garfield Medical Center and other private clinics and physical therapists
– Translated notes and medical documents as well as workers compensation policy papers to Mandarin speaking patients
Food and Drug Administration Experts, Los Angeles, CA June, 2005
– Interpreted a presentation by FDA Experts to a group of Chinese pharmaceutical executives
– Translated materials related to FDA regulations on generic drugs from English to Chinese
University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business, Los Angeles, CA
– Interpreted for an Executive Master of Business Administration course on Advertising
– Provided translation services to course materials from English to Chinese.
Legal Related Translation and Interpretation Experiences in Los Angeles
10 Plus Years of Extensive Experience
Language Expertise in Intellectual Property and Complex Litigation
* California State Certified Court Interpreters by the Judicial Council of California
* Federal Court Approved Interpreters;
* Professional Conference Interpreters;
* Instructors at the UCLA Legal Interpretation and Translation Program;
Satisfied clients: Paul Hastings; Latham & Watkins; Quinn Emanuel; Baker & McKenzie, CBLH, Intellectual Property Office of University of California, Los Angeles, etc.
Education and Credentials:
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Getafe (Madrid), Spain Oct. 2000 – Aug. 2001
M.A., Financial Analysis
Economics of Organizations; Financial Analysis; Financial Economics; Statistics and Quantitative Methods; Corporate Finance; Econometrics and Time Series Analysis; Financial Institutions; Fixed Income Securities and Derivatives; International Accounting and Finance; Financial Markets and Banking; Insurance Markets; Risk Management
“The Japanese Banking Crisis and Its Policy Responses”
London School of Economics and Political Science, London, UK Sep. 1999 – Jun. 2000
General Course, Economic History
The Internationalization of Economic Growth, 1870 to the Present Day; Latin America and the International Economy; Financial Markets, Investment and Economic Development in Britain, Germany and the United States after 1870; Africa and the World Economy
University of California, Berkeley, California, USA Aug. 1997 – Jun. 1999
Bachelor of Arts in Economics
Pasadena City College, California, USA Aug. 2002 – Aug. 2003
American Bar Association approved paralegal program
Kyu Eikan Japanese Language Learning Center, Beijing, China Sep. 2001 – Feb. 2002
Japanese Languages Courses, beginner level
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Getafe (Madrid), Spain Jan. 2001 – Mar. 2001
“Doing Business With Latin America”
We have Chinese translators and interpreters in Los Angeles, CA;Orange County, CA; New York, NY; Chicago, IL; San Francisco, CA; Miami, FL; Atlanta, GA; South Pasadena, CA; Washington D.C.; Dallas, TX, Houston, TX; Las Vegas, NV; Newark, NJ; New Haven, CT; San Diego, CA; Seattle, WA; Phoenix, AZ; San Antonio, TX; San Jose, CA; Jacksonville, FL; Indianapolis, IN; Austin, TX; Columbus, OH; Fort Worth, TX; Charlotte, NC; Detroit, MI; El Paso, TX; Memphis, TN; Baltimore, MD; Boston, MA; Nashville-Davidson, TN,; Denver, CO; Louisville-Jefferson County, KY; Milwaukee, WI; Portland, OR; Oklahoma City, OK; Tucson, AZ; Fresno, CA; Sacramento, CA; Long Beach, CA; Kansas City, MO; Mesa, AZ; Virginia Beach, VA; Colorado Springs, CO; Raleigh, NC; Cleveland, OH; Tulsa, OK; Oakland, CA; Minneapolis, MN; Arlington, TX; Vancouver BC, Canada;Seoul, Korea; Beijing, China; Shanghai, China; Jiangsu, China; Shandong, China; Shenzhen, China; Kunming, China; Taipei, Taiwan, Hong Kong,China; Tokyo, Japan; Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; Hanoi, Vietnam; Ulan Bator, Mongolia; Manila, Philippines; Jakarta, Indonesia; New Delhi, India; Bagdad, Iraq; Jerusalem, Israel; Casablanca, Morocco; Kiev, Ukraine; Rome, Italy; Berlin, Germany; London, United Kingdom; Mexico City, Mexico; Brasilia, Brazil; Santiago, Chile; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Tunis, Tunisia; Cairo, Egypt; Bogota, Columbia; Dhaka, Bangladesh; Moscow, Russia; Lima, Peru; Sydney Australia; Havana, Cuba; Tirana, Albania; Algiers, Algeria; Yerevan, Armenia; Vienna, Austria; Sofia, Bulgaria, and in many more cities all over the world.
For more information on our Chinese translators and interpreters, please click here.
Other Chinese Translation Pages
Chinese translator in Los Angeles Chinese translator in New York City Translate Chinese;
Chinese Language; Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese; Chinese Writing Style; Chinese to English Translation; English to Chinese Translation; Chinese Consecutive Interpretation; Chinese Simultaneous Interpretation; Website Localization; Software Localization; Risks of Machine Translation; Chinese punctuation; Spacing in Chinese;
Articles related to Chinese Translation