- October 2005 – June 2006: Master’s Degree in “High Specialization in Hispanic Philology”, granted by the Spanish Government, CSIC (Spanish Council Research) – Spanish Language Institute, Madrid.
- June 2006: “Magna Cum Laude” (Honours First Class “Magister in Spanish”). Master’s dissertation on Virginia Woolf and her linguistic and literary experimentations -European Literary Theory-: “Virginia Woolf, una cazadora de formas. Tiempo y conciencia en Virginia Woolf: La Sra. Dalloway y Al Faro” (“Virginia Woolf, a Huntress of Shapes. Time and Consciousness in Virginia Woolf: Mrs. Dalloway and To the Lighthouse), CSIC, Madrid, Spain.
- October 1997-June 2004: Honours Degree in Hispanic Philology, UNED, Pontevedra, Spain.
- October 1982-June 1984: Two years of Law, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain.
- May 2011: Workshop “The Space in the Classroom of Languages”, University of Bristol, UK.
- July 2009: Course “Creativity in Language Class: Image and Literature”, award from the Spanish Government, Universidad Complutense, Madrid.
- November 2007: Training Courses in Power Point, Blackboard, “Moving Audio into the Digital Domain”, Bristol University.
- July 2006: Course “Spanish for Business”, Instituto Cervantes and Universidad Alcalá de Henares, Madrid.
- Jun. – Aug. 2006 and Dec. 2006 CPUC, Administrative Law Judges Division, Central Files Office
- Aug. 2008 – May 2009 Tucson, AZ El Independiente, University of Arizona Student Translator
Translated, proofread, formatted and edited newspaper articles from English to Spanish for the monthly newspaper issues using Microsoft Word and Publisher
- Madrid, Spain Aug. 2008 to present, Grupo Comunicación Integral Plus Staff Translator and Interpreter
Interpreted for clients at promotional events, business meetings, and press conferences
Translated from English to Spanish and vice versa for client websites, company press releases, advertisements for product lines, and corporate marketing materials
- Madrid, Spain Aug. 2009 – Jul. 2010, Compañía de Formación Empresarial (Business School) Business English Teacher and Administrative Assistant
Taught refresher English courses twice a week for business school students of both advanced and intermediate levels
Assisted school’s director, professors, and students in administrative and organizational tasks related to students
- Madrid, Spain Sep. 2010 – Jun. 2011, Colegio Santa María del Pilar English Assistant Professor
Taught English classes to high school students at the Bachillerato and Educación Secundaria Obligatoria (ESO) levels and was responsible for 330 students. (In Spain, “Bachillerato” and ESO combined are equivalent to high school in the United States)
Coordinated and gathered teaching materials for English classes on a weekly basis and organized meetings for English Assistant Professors to discuss student issues, problem solving, lesson and event planning, scheduling of activities and sharing of teaching resources
Consulted and utilized various bilingual teaching methodologies to prepare lesson plans, corrected exams/ assignments, and used the allotted class time productively
Prepared spreadsheets to record grades and created class
AWARDS AND GRANTS
- Ministry of Education Grant, Madrid, 2009
- CSIC-Council Research Founding, Madrid, 2006
- Office: 50 words per minute. Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Graphic Design: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver
- OS: Mac OS9, Mac OSX, Windows XP
- Internet: Online research, creation of blogs and podcasts, notions in HTML language