Vietnamese to English Translator – Pham Thi Thu
Pham Thi Thu
Languages: Vietnamese Translation, Vietnamese to English, English to Vietnamese
January 2010: Bachelor’s degree in International Business Administration by Hanoi Foreign
March 2005: Bachelor’s degree in English for Science and Technology by Hanoi University Technology.
– Since 2005: Freelance translator/interpreter
– Interpreting for Japanese consultant in his meetings with HCMC People’s Committee
concerning Water Environment Improvement Project (2010); for a confidentially internal
meeting of Edelrid/Vaude (Germany) in Thanh Hoa province (2009); for Australian geologist
in his field trip to Thai Nguyen and Bac Can provinces (2008); etc.
– Translating for Shopping Handbook Magazine, and for IT professional magazine of Netpro
Academy – the Cisco Authorized Institute majored in IT activities.
– Translating lots of other economics, technical and social texts since 2005.
– February 2006 – April 2010: Interpreter/Translator for Nippon Koei, a Japanese
construction consulting company, in his ODA Construction Projects in Vietnam.
– Interpreting in every required meetings for the packages under the Project among Consultant, the Employer, the Contractors, competent authorities and other relevant parties;
– Translating related correspondences and documents under the projects (specification,
contract conditions, bid evaluation reports, detailed design reports, incident reports, project
completion reports, price adjustment materials, Engineer’s Decision materials, dispute
settlement materials, etc.)
– Liaising with relevant parties and competent authorities for settlement of arising matters
during the implementation course of the projects;
– May 2005 – February 2006: Assistant to Chief Representative of AdPoS, a German
company specializing in UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) products.
– Translating technical documents (specification, catalogue, contract, etc.) as well as the
requirements of concerning sides for mutual understanding;
– Exchanging correspondences and liaising with customers;
– Interpreting in the meetings with potential customers when needed;
– July to November 2004: Apprentice at International Cooperation Department (Ministry of
– Translating documents regarding international cooperation and geology fields (such as
correspondences, newsletters, laws on mining, joint statements, etc.)
– Collecting and editing the information relating to Vietnamese corporations under the
Ministry for publishing the book “Introducing Industrial Products from Vietnam”.
– Honesty, enthusiasm, strong sense of responsibility and reliability;
– Good communication, organization, interpersonal & presentation skills;
– Ability to work under pressure, individually or in team;
– High proficiency in English and Vietnamese;
– Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat, Internet and Trados.
We have Vietnamese translators and interpreters in Los Angeles, CA; Orange County, CA; New York, NY; Chicago, IL; Miami, FL; Atlanta, GA; Washington D.C.; Dallas, TX, San Francisco, CA;Houston, TX; Las Vegas, NV; Newark, NJ; New Haven, CT; San Diego, CA; Seattle, WA; Vancouver, BC, Canada; Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; Hanoi, Vietnam; Vung Tau City, Vietnam; Saigon, Vietnam; Sydney, Australia and in many more cities all over the world.