English to Spanish Literary, Technical, and Scientific Translator
- Skilled and experienced translator.
- Experience working with web-based TMs.
- Strong background in CAT tools usage (preferred CAT tool: TRADOS 7 Freelance.)
- Detail-oriented and meticulous.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills within a work team.
- 2005 to Present, English to Spanish translation of different documents like manuals, leaflets, reports, articles, and textbooks (various fields.
- 2005 to Present, Freelance Translator at Lanosa Diseño, Web site localization.
- 07/2009 to 11/2011, Freelance Translator at ProTranslating Inc., Web site localization (using web-based TMs)
- 02/2009 to 04/2009, In-house Translator at Spansource S. R. L., English to Spanish translation, editing and proofreading of technical, scientific, and educational texts (using different CAT tools)
PRO BONO COLLABORATION THROUGH THE UNITED NATIONS VOLUNTEERS (UNV) PROGRAM
- 2012 to Present, Translator at Youth Leader (e-zine), English to Spanish translation of motivational and thought-provoking articles
- 2007 / 2008, Translator at CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation, Translation of the document “Civil Society Index Program” (3704 words)
- 12/2007 to 03/2008, Translator at RESPECT Refugees, Translation of the document “Project Management” (18374 words.)
MAIN FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
- IT, engineering, marketing, e-commerce, retail, education, sciences, web sites.
Microsoft Office 2003, Microsoft Office 2010, OpenOffice.org 3.3, TRADOS 7 Freelance, TRADOS Studio 2009, Xbench, OmegaT, Anaphraseus, Olifant, Virtaal.
- Degree in English to Spanish Literary, Technical, and Scientific Translator issued by Olga Cossettini Higher Education Institute (Rosario, Argentina.)
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) issued by University of Cambridge.
- Certificate in Advanced English issued by Official School of Languages (Ejea de los Caballeros, Zaragoza, Spain.)
- Certificate in Intermediate Portuguese issued by Rosario National University (Rosario, Argentina.)
- Text Editing and Proofreading issued by Eduardo Mallea Higher Institute of Arts (Buenos Aires, Argentina.)
- CAT tools, TRADOS, issued by Olga Cossettini Higher Education Institute (Rosario, Argentina.)